About a year ago, I had made this post about Hotel Room Etiquette. It seems that I have to make a set of rules about staying in a con hotel. Now these are not rules on how to behave, but as to respect the other people you are rooming with and how to manage money, respect others and what not. These are rules that I’ve used with my rooms, as well as what other convention people use. You don’t need to follow my rules exactly, but using them as a guideline works quite well.
These rules will be update and revised accordingly.
Hotel Room Rules of Etiquette Effective 3 August 2013
- When you agree to stay with someone in a room, you are still liable for your share.
- Unless there is a family emergency, you are still responsible for your share of the room.
- If you are not able to go to the con for any reason, you are still responsible for your share of the room.
- If you can’t go because of some reason and you paid, you do not get the money back. Find someone else to take your spot or deal with it.
- If you feel that you shouldn’t pay the full amount, show respect and pay at least half. Other people in the room SHOULD NOT have to cover the balance because you fucked up.
- People will ask for PayPal 99% of the time. It is only okay to pay cash if you know the person real well or you are local where you can hand it off. If you don’t have PayPal, get one or find someone else that does.
- Most people will have a cutoff date for payment. Make sure you have your money in or else your spot will go to someone else who wants it.
- Bed spots are generally on a first come, first serve basis, unless otherwise noted. Consult with whoever is in charge of the room.
- You’re not the only person in the room, treat it like your grandmother’s living room.
- Keep your stuff neat in one area, see the rule above this one for reason pertaining.
- You may have to share a room key, keep in touch with people in your room if you have to pass it off to allow someone in.
- If you’re bringing someone back to the room, respect everyone else’s stuff. If you hear a knock at the door, you have five minutes.
- Other people in the room will be bringing food, drinks, alcoholic beverages and whatnot. Don’t mooch and contribute.
- And remember to use soap. Being stank will get you ejected.
- If you snore, let other people know.